ROCHELLE STOVALL

ROCHELLE STOVALL

Monday 22 April 2013

Reese Witherspoon 'Deeply Embarrassed' About Disorderly Conduct Arrest

Reese Witherspoon issued an apology on Sunday for her actions during the arrest on Friday of her husband, Jim Toth, on DUI charges.
"Out of respect for the ongoing legal situation, I cannot comment on everything that is being reported right now," Witherspoon said in a statement, according to Entertainment Weekly. "But I do want to say, I clearly had one drink too many and I am deeply embarrassed about the things I said. It was definitely a scary situation and I was frightened for my husband, but that is no excuse. I was disrespectful to the officer who was just doing his job. I have nothing but respect for the police and I'm very sorry for my behavior."
The apology came after Witherspoon and Toth's mugshots in the incident leaked and news emerged of the couple's arrest and brief jailing on Friday morning in Atlanta. Variety, which broke the story, reported that police spotted the couple's silver Ford Fusion weaving in and out of lanes and pulled them over. As officers were speaking to Toth, an agitated Witherspoon reportedly stuck her head out of the window and said she did not believe the arresting officer was really a cop. After stating that she was a U.S. citizen and that she as allowed to "stand on American ground," Witherspoon reportedly said to the officer, "Do you know my name?," at which point he responded, "No, I don't need to know your name."
Witherspoon, 37, then added, "You're about to find out who I am ... You are going to be on national news." The site claimed that Witherspoon became upset at how long it was taking to arrest Toth, 42, on suspicion of DUI and exited the car, at which point officers ordered her to get back inside the vehicle. When she got out of the car a second time she was arrested for disorderly conduct.
The arrest took place at approximately 3:30 a.m. ET on Friday and both were taken to jail. When Toth was pulled over, the arresting officer said the Hollywood agent appeared disheveled and his breath smelled strongly of alcohol. And though he told the officer he had had only a single drink hours earlier, he reportedly blew a .139 on the Breathalyzer test administered at the scene, well above the legal limit of .08.
Witherspoon is in Atlanta shooting the film "The Good Life."
Both were released on bond on Friday morning and are slated to appear in Atlanta Municipal Court on Monday morning (April 22).

SOURCE : http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1706096/reese-witherspoon-arrest-statement-disorderly-conduct.jhtml

0 comments:

Post a Comment